Johnny Thompson – Commercial Classics of Magic
I have learned more from John Thompson than from any other source in the world. Now you, too, can learn from the master!" -Lance Burton
"The material contained in these tapes is made up of classic effects which have stood the test of time and performance and therefore can truly be deemed commercial. They are effects that I’ve successfully used throughout my career and, in most instances, the moves, routines and handlings were garnered directly from the authors. It is, in my estimation, some of the best close-up, parlor, walk-around and stage magic that has ever been developed and the authors are a virtual Who’s Who of magic that run the gamut from Allerton to Zarrow, wth a great deal of Vernon in between. I sincerely hope that you will enjoy learning and performing these wonderful Commercial Classics as much as I have." -Johnny Thompson
Volume One contains:
• Balls & Net (Silent Mora – Dai Vernon) – Johnny explains the current thinking behind this classic effect.
• Coins Through Table (Al Baker) – A compilation of Baker, Vernon and Slydini.
• Han Ping Chien Coin Trick(Han Ping Chien) – Johnny describes a palms-up version of the Chinese classic.
• Winged Silver (Dai Vernon) – The Professor’s method for the classic Coins Across.
• Copper & Silver Transposition(Dai Vernon) – Vernon’s handling of this classic is completely explained.
• Vanishing Glass (Glass Through Table) (Max Malini) – The Malini routine is combined with a clever T. Nelson Downs subtlety.
• Benson’s Bowl Routine (Roy Benson) – Benson’s version of the classic Cups and Balls.
• Matching the Cards (Leipzig’s Opener) (Dai Vernon) – Exactly as presented by the Professor.
• Automatic Aces (Birds of a Feather) (Hofzinser) – Thompson’s routine for the classic commonly referred to as MacDonald’s Aces.